TWG: Mine Action
TWG Action Plan
117. There were 5 activities scheduled to be implemented and the TWG reported satisfactory progress on all activities:
Joint Monitoring Indicator
118. The TWG reported that there is no JMI for this TWG.
Implementation status of the H-A-R Action Plan
119. Mine Action sector strategy and funding framework developed in 2005. Initial study for a specific national strategy on unexploded ordnance has been completed as scheduled and presented to the TWG in April 2006. The strategy will be developed in the 2nd and 3rd quarter of 2006 as scheduled.
120. New multi donor program signed on 21 December 2005. "Clearing for Results" is a pooled funding arrangement in support of national mine action priorities, including capacity development for the CMAA (project implementation is entirely based on Government staff with some technical assistance).
121. The TWG reported it has been able to mobilize resources for activity implementation.