TWG Action Plan
83. The TWG reported that the following sets of activities were planned to be implemented, and satisfactory progress has been reported on almost all activities.
Monitor Sector Performance
Sector Harmonization and Alignment
Key Strategic Issues
Joint Monitoring Indicators
84. Further develop the Public Administration to serve people better and to become an effective development partners. Institutional Development Plan is being developed as an input to the MTR of the health sector strategy. Merit Based Payment Initiatives design is being developed and discussed by MoH, CAR and health partners. Preparatory activities to formulate draft joint Government-Donor action plan for phasing out of salary supplements.
85. Increase the proportion of deliveries attended by skilled health personnel. Though there has been an increase, the proportion of deliveries attended by skilled health professionals is still low. In 2000, 31.8% of deliveries were attended by trained health professionals (CDHS 2000); in 2006, 43.8% of deliveries were attended by trained health professionals (CDHS Preliminary Report 2006).
Implementation status of the H-A-R Action Plan
86. Capacity development. Institutional Development Plan (including organisational development needs) is under preparation and will be finalised following the MTR of the sector strategy in 2007. Functional analysis has been carried out in the central ministry followed by introduction of Performance Management System , and the implementation of Performance Management System at central level.
87. Delegated cooperation is being addressed in the TWGH workplan for 2006 & JAPR; 8 Sub-TWGH identified; Pro-TWGHs in the process of establishing secretariat and revising membership.
88. Missions and analytic work: Sectoral Joint Annual Performance Review provides guidelines for consolidated annual planning process for all health partners. Joint Review Mission from MoH and HSSP partners was conducted in May/June 2006; and HSSP MTR will serve as an input to sector review scheduled for September 2006. Subcomponent reviews are also underway in midwifery, contracting, and sector-wide management are jointly agreed with government and health partners. Managing for results
89. SOP. The HSSP is implementing the SOP.
90. The TWG reported it has been able to mobilize resource for the implementation of the TWG Action Plan.